8.06.2009

Richard Long













My art is in the nature of things
I like the idea of making something from nothing
I can walk all day and sleep all night following an idea
I use the land without the need of ownership
My talent as an artist is to walk across a moor
or place a stone on the ground
My work is about movement and stillness
the walking and the stopping places
It can be either passing by or leaving a mark
I use intuition and chance , body and mind , time and space
I use the world as I find it

(Richard Long)


走過山谷,走過荒原,走過大雨傾盆,走過繁花盛開,走過此時此地此景此音此境,Richard Long ,仍然在他的路上,走著他的人生,走著藝術史上的一頁。至於擺在美術館地上那些亂石堆與漂流木,只是抽離一切語境後的幾個符號,只是接受加持過後的法器。我們只能對著它,緬懷一位天地中的行腳僧,而他真正所要傳達,以及所能傳達的,絕對不在這裡。

Tate Britain , Richard Long [Heaven and Earth] , 05.08.09 記




















06' 攝於香川縣直島美術館

No comments: